Links for 2009-07-13

Kongoni Nietzsche released
This marks the first official and stable release of the Kongoni GNU/Linux distribution after several development releases. Kongoni is a South African Linux distribution designed to be used in an African technical context. For example, the development team released the source code instead of binaries to save on file size for low-bandwidth users. [Via Appfrica]
Is Free The Future Of Enterprise Software? Yes And No.
Free is not a business model, it’s a marketing and distribution tactic. Don’t forget this, and don’t get distracted into thinking otherwise.
HTML 5: nav ambiguity resolved
One of the new things HTML 5 sets out to do is to provide web developers with a standardized set of semantic page layout structures. … This is exciting, logical, and smart, but it is also controversial.
5 almost free iPhone apps you absolutely must take on your next trip
5 helpful travel applications if you’re into that iPhone sort of thing. I wonder if there are similar applications available for Android *searches the Android market*.
Three key things to know about moving MySQL into the cloud
Three gotchas to consider before moving your MySQL database to Amazon’s EC2 service.

6 Responses to “Links for 2009-07-13”

1. jPerkins says:

Im scared of HTML 5… or the fact that I will have to learn a new way of developing sites.. although it appears that current browser support (sans Opera) is minimal… so I have some time to learn it. However it seems like it will definitely make sites better semantically.. i.e <nav> instead of <div id="nav">…..

2. jPerkins says:

3. jPerkins says:

Im scared of HTML 5… or the fact that I will have to learn a new way of developing sites.. although it appears that current browser support (sans Opera) is minimal… so I have some time to learn it. However it seems like it will definitely make sites better semantically.. i.e &lt;nav&gt; instead of &lt;div id="nav"&gt;….. nice site by the way Tiffany… informative..

4. jPerkins says:

5. jPerkins says:

Im scared of HTML 5… or the fact that I will have to learn a new way of developing sites.. although it appears that current browser support (sans Opera) is minimal… so I have some time to learn it. However it seems like it will definitely make sites better semantically.. i.e <;nav> instead of <div id="nav">….. nice site by the way Tiffany… informative..

6. jPerkins says: