What’s your favorite PHP framework?
So I’m making my first foray into PHP frameworks. I’m tinkering with CodeIgniter right now. I chose it on a lark, in part because it was easy to install, didnt’t require too much tinkering with configuration settings, and well-documented.
Though I like CodeIgniter’s OO-MVC approach, I’m not wedded to it. I’m also very interested in what else is out there. So please share with us:
- What PHP framework are you using?
- What’s your favorite PHP framework (if you have tried enough to compare)?
- If you were going to recommend a framework to learn, which would you choose (or warn folks to avoid) and why?
And if you haven’t yet looked into PHP frameworks, here’s a (far from comprehensive) list to get you started:
- Easy PHP Framework
- Limb PHP Framework
- PHP on TRAX
- Prado PHP Framework
- Qcubed (a fork of Qcodo)
- Smarty (Although it’s a bit more of a templating framework)
- Web Application Component Toolkit
Also worth reading, Rasmus Lerdorf’s February 2006 post, The no-framework PHP MVC framework.