Links for November 15, 2006
- When and when not to use the
- Graded Browser Support: Q4 Update
- Yahoo! updates its browser support list now that we’ve got new releases of Internet Explorer and Firefox.
- A new XML schema for creating sitemaps that give clues to the three major search engines about how to crawl your site. It’s based on Google Sitemaps.
- Starbucks, Ethiopia, and the Coffee Branding Wars
- Ethiopia moves to trademark the names of its famous coffee regions — Sidamo, Yirgacheffe (sometimes spelled Yergacheffe) and Harar — and Starbucks says Unh uh!.
- .net Magazine interview with Caterina Fake
- All about the Flickr phenomenon and online community.
- Mobile Link Discovery spec
- Using the
<link> tag to enable auto-discovery of your mobile site. Easy, simple, valid, and brilliant. [Via Andrea Trasatti]
- Click and drag across a web page to measure the size of an item. Similar to the Rula utility for Mac OS X, but only usable within your browser window.
- The WHATWG Blog
- A blog by the folks behind the HTML 5 specification. [Via Molly]
- Must Have Add-Ons for IE7
- A list of hot add-ons / extensions for Internet Explorer 7.